Dragon · Digital Artist · Worldbuilder
© Zevon Brigman 2019
Zev | he/him | '86 | Dragon
☼ Leo • ☾ Aries • ⇧ Aquarius
Hello! I am Zevon and this is my info page.
I am a digital artist, worldbuilder, stormchaser, and I just really, really love dragons. My obsession with dragons has lead to my career as an artist because I drew dragons instead of doing school work as a kid.
I'm a fulltime digital artist offering character designs and the occasional dragony merch. Current focus is on Patreon supporter rewards and worldbuilding work I'm doing there, as well as plans for future pin and lanyard designs.
I live with my partner Korozjin and our two cats, Pixel and Mica.
I like Honda Elements a lot.
|thieves||strays||planned obsolescence||program crashes|
This is a small selection ranging from personal illustrations to sold reference sheet designs to commissioned work for various awesome clients.
Please do not repost or use my art for your own. Thank you ♡
For archives of older works and to stay current with new posts:
© Zevon Brigman 2019
Adoptable Design Terms of Service
This is essentially an FAQ on my rules and processes for purchasing a design.
Please be sure to read through this page entirely.
This TOS will be continually updated and revised as time goes on. It should cover anything you need to know! If you find you still have any questions, please feel free to contact me and I'll get back with you asap.
An adoptable is simply a premade character design available for purchase. You are essentially buying a license to use the design at a cost determined by time spent creating the design and market demand.
To adopt a character that is for sale, simply comment or DM me in order to make your claim. Doing so via the site you saw the adoptable is best, but any means of contact is valid.
Timestamps are taken into account in the case of two or more people making a claim at the same time--first claim gets dibs.
Once you have won a character or slot, an email will be requested to send a paypal invoice to.
Once payment is received, you will then be sent a note containing full resolution* unwatermarked art of your new character as well as a smaller version for web display.
Important: Full resolution is your proof of ownership in a way, it is not meant to be shared in its raw form. Feel free to put your own watermark on any art you do share to discourage those who might be inclined to steal/resell.
DEFINED AND UNDEFINED SPECIES
The majority of the adoptables I offer are of Undefined Species which means that their species is neither open nor closed, they simply exist. Examples of these include Dragons, Raptors, Sharks, etc. Sometimes there will be hybrids of two species, such as a DinoDragon, but these are still technically an undefined species. The form these adoptable designs take can vary between anthro, taur, quadruped, and others.
A Defined Species is one which has been specifically created for a worldbuilding project, and in this case, is also known as a Closed Species. At this time, the only defined species I offer are the Oshrathari, which are an ongoing project connected to the larger world of Thaevern. Other species of Thaevern, such as Shiothek. Ahketthe. etc. are also defined species that will be made available in the future for those interested.
Undefined species still have an optional place in the Thaevern universe, but their ability to interact with it is different than the terrestrial creatures. This is largely unimportant but feel free to ask if you're curious about it. Undefined species can be placed into any setting or timeline or universe you like.
Payment is accepted as USD via Paypal invoice.
Payment is expected within 24 hours--message me if you think you need more time!
If payment isn't received and no contact made within 48 hours of an invoice being sent, it will be cancelled and the character will be relisted.
Refunds are typically not available for purchased characters, but you can always trade or resell them, or I can help resell them for you. (see TRADING AND RESELLING below)
RIGHTS & USAGE
You are basically free to use your character design however you like, within reason! Here's the structure of the usage rights, feel free to message me if you have any questions.
• Fun is the most important use. Please grow and thrive and enjoy your new character! They're yours for life if you like 'em.
• You get to chose the character's name, gender, story and personality details
• You may create or acquire art and/or stories with your adopted character
• You may roleplay your character.
•You may repost the purchased design however you like
•You may also crop and use their artwork for layouts or avatars
• NSFW expressions of the design are okay, but keep it to appropriate venues and away from minors!
• While the usage of these designs ultimately do not reflect my opinions or values, I still don't want them used in the context of promoting hatred or bigotry and I may deny ownership if I suspect this will be the case.
• For designs of species with established story details, you may chose to follow the existing canon or you may chose to ignore it, even for Defined Species. Your character is yours to do with as you please! You can place them in any setting that suits your fancy.
• The world of Thaevern, the Keado system, the lore and species within are intellectual property created by me, Zevon "Zyraxus" Brigman–-these works are made available for personal use only Basically, just please respect the worldbuilding/story/species/character aspects as part of my own personal work and not for you to claim as your own.
• You may use your purchased designs for commercial purposes such as merchandise, fursuits, prints, etc. This applies to defined and undefined species alike. (This change retroactively applies to all designs purchased--go wild! Thank you for your support and respect to these terms as they've evolved. Feel free to contact me with any questions.)
• When posting your adopted character, please give credit for the species (if defined) and/or design. Sticking the name Zyraxus (or the responsible artist) somewhere is fine. Links back are even better!
• For closed species, edits to the character’s physical design or coloration must be approved by me before posting the revised version. For undefined species, this is less important, but I’d love to know about any changes to a design I’ve made so I can keep accurate records. This doesn't apply to form changes such as removal of wings, turning a quad anthro, changes in body type, or style changes.
• Changing species is totally okay if the design was an undefined species. If it is a defined or closed species, please contact me first. If this is an alternate form, that's probably fine, I just need to know for my records.
• You may freely add items to the character such as accessories, clothing, jewelry, weapons, etc. These do not need to be approved.
• Scars or piercings are also fine and don’t need to be approved.
• When it comes to serious damage or removal of limbs, I’m generally for it, but it'd be really cool if you let me know about it!
• Small edits such as addition of or removal of markings or color tweaks are fine.
• Edits that increase the rarity of the adoptable’s traits or change the breed of the adoptable are not allowed (where applicable).
• If you want me to make the edits, prices can be negotiated!
TRADING AND RESELLING
You may trade, gift, or resell my adoptables!
• You may resell them for the amount you paid or less.
• Additional artwork may only add value to the character when the artists who were commissioned allow for it–refer to their ToS.
• Really important! When transferring ownership of an adoptable, give me a heads up so I can update my records and public owner lists. Failure to do this may lead to being barred from future ownership of a design.
• When buying/trading for one of my adoptables from someone other than me, check the masterlist of their species to confirm ownership status first. If you aren't sure, please don't hesitate to contact me.
• You may only gift/trade/sell what you own.
• I am not responsible if you end up paying for a stolen design. Please contact me before buying if you aren't sure!
Requesting to claim one of my adoptable designs signifies you have read and understood these terms and agree to follow them. Violations may result in blacklisting, revocation of adoptable ownership, or denial of future ownership. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or if I can clarify anything.
Thank you for reading!
© Zevon Brigman 2019
Shiothek • Charismatic • Optimist
he/him | cis | alien draconic | 21' long | 4' to the shoulder
He's a small dragon with a big heart and a curious spark. Kind of an obnoxious doofus but he means well.
He's covered in overlapping plate scales with a slight pearlescent sheen and flecks of glitter like car paint. These are tough but pliable, not impenetrable but decent as a protective element. Wing membranes are tough and leathery and gain a soft suede texture in the winter. Horns can be smooth, textured with ridges/grooves or faceted with planes. It's up to artistic preference.
Dorsal frill is flexible and made of flat scale growths like an iguana. These grow over time and can be trimmed.
Horns are actually tusks in structure, as well as the chin, arm, and foot spikes. These are very hard and kept sharp. They also grow over time.
Scales fringe and fray in the winter to create a soft silky coat of dense fur for the cold months. When the weather warms again, this coat is shed like a skin, revealing shiny new scales underneath.
Shiothek are a closed species by Zyraxus
© Zevon Brigman 2019
Xeolen • Hermit • Edgelord
he/him | masculine NB | ethereal draconic | six forms
Secondary sona, alternate reality incarnation of the sparklite Ricochet - Originally designed by b4dly-dr4wn
Ethereal and complicated existence. Rarely without clothing or a shroud or accessories of some sort. Design is up to artistic interpretation.
Exists in a pocket reality manifested by his mood and tastes. Unbound thought. Seeking, unraveling, freedom at a high cost.
He indirectly affects the collective reality he belongs to, unable to interact with it without destroying it, despite originating from there.
Xeolen are a closed species by Zyraxus
© Zevon Brigman 2019
Oshrathari • Perfectionist • Distant
they/them | agender | fluffy draconic | 2' to the shoulder
Retired sona // Guardian of Thaevern
Spends a lot of time asleep or meditating. Keeps healthy. Carries a heavy responsibility
• Body is covered in reflective silver flecks
• Leaves behind tiny particles of chrome glitter where they go
• Silver plate scales and silver
spine/claw tips are reflective metallic
• Long eartip whiskers
Oshrathari are a closed species by Zyraxus
© Zevon Brigman 2019